__
__

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Junk Festival

One of the most coolest places I went to in Portland this summer would have to be the Plucky Maidens Junk Fest located in the McMenamins Edgefield location in Troutdale, OR.  I love love love that there were many unique and cool items such as window frames, bottles, and various antique/old pieces.  One of my current obsessions are to find and collect old ball jars, the ones that are made with a blue hue like the one above.  I think these jars make a great piece for decor around your living space.  Price wise, it's really a hit or miss, many of the smaller items were actually not too expensive, the bigger pieces can get very pricey.  Most of the bottles were between $7-$10.  There were window frames with the pane still intact selling for $8 and there were items like old suitcases which go up to $70.  Plus there was a local Portlander which won the second season of HGTV's Design Star that showed up to this event,  it was Emilie Henderson.  I should've taken a picture with her.  Dang.




Some of the old signs were pretty cool.


 Love bicycles, this one was pretty expensive.



 More jars.


 So many letter signs that I wanted to buy.



I love typewriters, I just don't have any space for them in my house.

Part 2 coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...