__
__

Friday, July 22, 2011

Blues Festival

One of Portland's most exciting annual events is the Portland Blues Festival.  Every year, thousands of people gather in the open grass area or in their boats in the Waterfront area in downtown Portland.  You can hear the blues and jazz music fill the air when you walk in the city and you're automatically attracted to the event.  I came to the event after work and walked along the Hawthorne bridge from the east side of the river towards the Waterfront.  These were some of the interesting things I took pictures of as I walked on the bridge.


I thought food carts is the trend in Portland but I was wrong, now it's food boats.  This dude was selling weenies on the water, ice cream also.  I wonder if he could throw food up to me and I'll chuck some quarters to him.  Maybe I'll try next year. 


This is one of the few times where many boats gather out in the Willamette River.


Ohhh, good dog.  Enjoying the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...