__
__

Monday, July 18, 2011

Los Gorditas

For my birthday, we decided to go out and try a new place in Division in the Richmond Neighborhood in Portland. We've passed this place called Los Gorditas a couple times before and the place is always packed, so we had to try this place.  I read the reviews before going to this place and there was a whopping 220 reviews for this corner food truck..  Many people suggested the Garbage Burrito, so that's what I got.


The woman enjoying the place.


The good luck bear for an awesome meal.


Let's get down to the good stuff.  We ordered a variety of tacos and the ones above are the carne asada, carne deshebrada, and the pastor.  The carne asada and deshebrada are steak and the pastor is grilled pork.  All of them are good, but the best are the tacos below.  Hands down the carnitas which is the fried pork is the best.  This carnitas is some of the best that we've tried all over Portland and very comparable to another place in Alberta.  I'm getting hungry just by looking at these pictures. Again.




I also ordered the infamous garbage burrito that is the buzz in the reviews I read.  Look at the size of this beast compared to my head.  So the way the menu describes the garbage burrito is:

"Large flour tortilla stuffed with beans, rice, cheese, sour cream, onion, cilantro, chicken, beef, and pork, plus a scoop of red and green salsa, onion and cilantro again."

With the three types of meat incorporated into this awesome burrito, I just had to try.  It was good, really good, my life will never be the same.  Just look at this awesome thing.



What an awesome place. This will not be the last time I go here.

For dessert, my woman made me a chocolate almond cake with strawberries. What a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...